Beyond the Families of Schools Event
I thought I would update you about activity since the Families of Schools event, there has been a lot of positive involvement from schools, which includes;
- 14 “pairs” of schools independently established a new school improvement relationship at the event.
- A further 13 schools have asked for specific improvement support and BEP has brokered all of them with other family schools. Requests ranged from support with EYFS, SEND, Disadvantaged progress, Maths and Writing.
- Subsequently, 25 more schools (maintained and academy) offered to be a partner in the reading project, many of which have not been involved in this type of work previously.
- 3 schools have offered significant capacity to support Maths and have already been utilised by BEP for schools requesting Maths support.
- 20 schools have also offered to provide English expertise to support the project to lead the initiatives.
- Some “Families” have set up an entire Family event.
Family 8: Yew Tree Community School and Canterbury Cross Primary School invited others to share ideas and learning via half day visits to both schools. Feedback: “it was really informative and productive” and participants “took so much away from both schools”.
Family 7: Ran a Reading Improvement workshop for all schools in the Family. A number of key documents were shared with the entire Family and a similar Maths workshop is planned for January.
Great work everyone! Please do let us know how its all going.
Have a good week and please call if you need anything at all
Director of Continuous School Improvement, Birmingham Education Partnership