Achieve your specific goals and raise standards in your School.
BEP offer longer-term packages of training and consultancy tailored to your needs and priorities working with our expert leadership team in your school. We offer a range of Leadership Consultancy services to assist all schools in raising standards and building capacity.
As a famous American General, Douglas MacArthur once said; “A true leader has the confidence to stand alone, the courage to make tough decisions, and the compassion to listen to the needs of others. He does not set out to be a leader, but becomes one by the equality of his actions and the integrity of his intent.” In the face of an increasingly challenging education landscape the demands on our school and academy leader, is greater than ever. That is why we believe that we need to provide the highest quality support and challenge through our fully integrated continual professional developmental service.
As experienced headteachers and ex-headteachers, our knowledgeable Leadership experts are perfectly placed to be support your Headteacher performance management appraisals.
- provide up-to-date knowledge of current issues and challenges facing schools, including the requirements of the new Ofsted framework
- operate as a critical, professional friend and personal mentor
- use their experience as a senior leader
We offer a range of Headteacher Performance Management packages to suit your need:
- Headteacher Performance Management: Under the Performance Management (Appraisal) framework, schools are required to appoint an external adviser to assist in the annual review of the Headteacher’s performance and to advise governors on appropriate remuneration and targets.
- Developmental Headteacher Performance Management: According to the National College of Teaching & Leadership, effective oversight of the Headteacher performance management process is one of the most important roles played by the governing body. As external adviser to the governors in the Headteacher’s performance management, we will challenge you to sharpen the process so that it incorporates the ten features of effective performance management.
- A Leadership Partner will provide you with a highly experienced school improvement expert who will challenge you to evaluate and improve leadership at all levels throughout the academic year.
Our other Leadership and Management support packages are:
- School Improvement Consultant: offering advice, support and guidance on a termly basis, we will work closely with both the Headteacher and the governors to promote a supportive and open dialogue.
- Detailed Subject or Phase Review: will challenge your subject or phase leader to forensically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of leadership within their area of responsibility. It is collaborative because we believe that involving leaders in the process of review ensures more sustainable impact and enables leaders to hone their monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Collaborative Review of Leadership: enabling you to forensically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of leadership at your school and allowing you to formulate an informed next steps plan to strengthen leadership at all levels.
- Headteacher or Senior Leader Recruitment: our support in leadership recruitment, from middle leaders to Headteachers, will support your governors and leadership team to set high expectations for these crucial appointments. Through a collaboratively designed and rigorous interview process we will support you in testing and checking the suitability of candidates to lead in your school.
- Headteacher Induction: a bespoke support package of coaching that is tailored to the needs of the Headteacher or leadership team member. Aimed at developing your performance to make you a more effective leader.