We have a wide range of solutions for your recruitment and interim Headteacher needs. Providing clear and informed guidance and rapid and effective response just when you need it most.
- Have you suddenly found your school is unexpectedly without a Headteacher?
- Does your Acting Headteacher need an experienced ‘hand’ to help?
- Do you want support in recruiting an excellent new Headteacher?
- Are you aware of the range of alternative effective solutions some schools use when recruiting of new Headteacher is proving problematic?
BEP is lucky enough to hold a cadre of experienced Headteachers who are able to do long and short term interim support, both full time and part time. All are quality assured through BEP processes and BEP can broker this support without schools having to go through supply agencies and end up with high daily rate costs.We also have highly experienced former Headteachers fully trained in the recruitment of Senior Leaders able to support Governors with the substantive Headteacher recruitment process, who as National Leaders in Education bring a wealth of educational understanding to support Governors in making the most important of all leadership decisions.
A skilled and experienced external consultant to advise the Governing body throughout the process for appointing a new Headteacher/Executive Headteacher.
Framework of Support
- Defining the role
- Shaping and placing the advertisement
- Determination of Governors selection panel
- Personalisation of job descriptions and person specification, which meet the National standards for Excellence for Headteachers
- Determination of salary range
- Preparation of recruitment pack
- Establishing the selection timeframe
Phase 2 – Shortlisting
- The shortlisting meeting
- Determining the programme for selection and interview activities and questions
Phase 3 – Interview process
- Identity check
- Interview Questions
- Attendance on panel interviews and final selection process
- Offer and acceptance
- Appointments based on a clear and fair selection process which promotes equality of opportunity
- A rigorous process which meets the requirements of Governors and the statutory processes
- Governance which is able to demonstrate they will hold the Headteacher to account, via the job description and person specification which meet the Standards for Excellence for headteachers