Thursday 23rd November 2017 | 08:00 - 11:00 | Birmingham City Football Club, St Andrew's Stadium, B9 4RL
FREE: 2017 Families of Schools Launch and briefing about ASP, the RAISE replacement
Build support, find partners, learn from each other, identify your strengths and how you can help, get support for your priorities.
Come and join what we hope will be the largest collaborative gathering of Birmingham schools to ensure that ALL Infant, Junior and Primary Schools are represented
This session will be led by BEP Support, Tracy Ruddle, Professor David Woods and Greg Jones
A clear message from the Learning to Shape Birmingham 2017 Conference keynote, by Sir David Carter, was that a school led system that successfully delivers improvement relies upon Schools and Trusts having the ability to see themselves as capacity givers and capacity takers. Additionally, it was clear that looking at practice outside of your own establishment enhances your ability to ensure that you are delivering the best and retain a perspective of what the best looks like.
In this session, we will facilitate several key items:
- the launch of the 2017 KS1 and KS2 families of schools documents
- provide evidence of the successes of collaborative working
- The slimmed down ASP is bringing a fresh set of challenges and so we have organised as part of this session, a chance to ensure your SEF addresses key lines of enquiry identified in ASP (RAISE replacement) and FFT Aspire. This will be facilitated by FFT to help you create a blended data approach to self-evaluation review using these two systems.
- You will also be given the ability to identify the areas in which you are a capacity taker or a capacity giver
The format for the day is:
- Launch of the 2017 document
- An exploration of what the Families of Schools document is and the evidence that has led BEP to choose to give it to Birmingham schools
- A detailed look at the use of FFT Aspire as a collaborative data tool to inform the accuracy of your SEF
- Get your copy of the 2017 Families of Schools document, find out which family you are in and see performance within your family group
- Meet the other members of your family and share your key improvement aims and strengths along with your capacity to share and support
- The final segment will provide an opportunity to identify a partner to access support from or provide support. This will form the first step in allowing Birmingham to assess the effectiveness of the Families of Schools tool.